Monday, March 17, 2008

More Two Love

This being my first blog, already 3 months along, I suppose I should share a little bit on how I came to discover that I would be double-y blessed as a mommy of twins! Being 22 and a full time college student, pregnancy was not in the game plan just yet for me. However, sometimes life throws you a curve (or in my case, 2). Anywho, This past Christmas break my boyfriend Tony got some sort of eerie sixth sense that I was pregnant, or it could have been the fact that I was 2 weeks late, nauseas ever morning, or that my boobs had grown a cup size in about 3 weeks. I still hold that it was a sixth sense... He asked me time and time again to take a test, I assured him however that everything was FINE, this was all COMPLETELY normal...(denial anyone?). I finally caved in and was met with an undeniable "pregnant" reading on my digital home test, pretty hard to deny if you ask me.

Next on the agenda was the task of telling our families...always a fun time for a 22 year old couple let me tell you! My mom and his family took the news great (great is relative given the response we had expected). My dad on the other hand had a little more to say...we need not go down that road as he has seen the light and is coming around wonderfully. After that, we moved on to sharing the good news with friends, needless to say this didn't take long to spread through the grape vine. Thanks to the wonderful networking powers of facebook, and my oblivious little brother's "I'm an uncle" status posting, I hardly had to make one phone call.

So with ourselves prepared, and I do say excited, and family and friends in the know, we ventured to our first pre-natal appointment and ultrasound! Now this was no normal ultrasound like you see in the movies, when you are still in the wee weeks of pregnancy, the ultrasound tool more resembles a giant tampon and is adminstered accordingly (ill spare the details). This was surpries number one of the day...two and three were jsut around the corner. About 3 minutes into the u/s , the first words out of the tech's mouth..."YOU HAVE TWIN BABIES!" After many long long minutes of shock, worry, double, triple and quadruple checking that she was sure..the double excitement set in! The rest is history :)

Walking out of the appointment I received a text from my mom asking, "did you get the pictures?" to which i wittily responded "Yes of both of them". After about 15 minutes of thinking this was some kind of sick joke, she became the proudest, most excited grandmother-of-twins-two-be out there ( yes I would plasce bets on that).

No comments: